hko

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Favorite Winter Trends & Fashion Forecasts

I would say that winter has struck out in full force, but the reality is global warming has ruined the weather's annual progression to frigidity in December. Just the other day it was in the 60's and people were wandering about campus in shorts and without jackets. Nevertheless, winter wear is taking its spotlight in these [mildly] colder months. Whenever I'm turning my wardrobe over for the new season I scour the internet for the latest and greatest. I also peel my eyes for anything that might be a fashionable egg that has yet to hatch- as in I try and spot elements that might trend later on. Here I've conglomerated several different pieces with varying stylistic details. I'll link each item so you can check them out for yourself!

Note: A vast majority of these items are exorbitant in price. Similar styles can easily be found on NastyGal, H&M, or Urban Outfitters for much cheaper! However, I am a firm believer that it is well worth it to invest in quality wardrobe staples- i.e. a solid leather aviator jacket from Burberry will keep you looking classy and stylish for a lifetime.



#1: Fur. Fur everywhere, on everything, in all its glorious fluffiness.








Or, if you only want an accent of fur, a stole is the perfect add-on to any thick knit sweater or plain wool jacket. It instantly dresses up any ensemble. 


First fashion forecast (although they've been around forever, I think they'll be seen much more frequently in the next few months/ even winter 2015-16): Fur pillbox hats





#2: Tortoiseshell Accessories- I feel like the color combo is so fun and flirty. It's a more interesting take on brown tones and would look awesome accompanied with gold accent jewelry. In my head I see someone wearing a deep chocolate brown fur coat and tortoise shell sunglasses with a clean bun and it's so glamorous. 







Tory Burch 2012 Fall Runway Bag- I have no idea where you can buy this, and I know it's from seasons back, but it's still just as visually stunning with it's detailed lucite flowers and lucite chain. 




Black Pythonprint Calf Hair Shoulder Bag by Tory Burch
Again, I'm not 100% on where you can get this but I wanted to share it regardless because of how fabulous it is.


#3: Oversized 3/4 Bell Sleeves. They have been all over the Dolce & Gabbana runway for the past few seasons and I think they look magnificent in lace. To me they're reminiscent of fancy medieval gowns when in deep hued jewel tones. 















This is from Mulberry's Fall 2013 Collection during LFW. I adore the mix of wool, plaids, and a high neck with the billowing sleeves.

This design is basically taken straight off of the D&G runway but it's being sold at an affordable price (which I appreciate). 







#4: Pearl Accenting. We've been bombarded with metal accents with studs, rhinestones, gem encrusting, and now I think we're turning to a softer more feminine look with pearl details. I wholly embrace this because it's more of a Chanel look, which I am ever so fond of. I suppose this can be my second fashion forecast.

















Alright, that's it! Hope you enjoyed looking at this post and that it provided you with some fashion inspiration. I'm thinking about making a post about winter wardrobe essentials. Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing that! It probably won't feature as many pictures and will be in a list format (sorry if you had to scroll a lot!).


No comments:

Post a Comment