hko

Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Present Toppers DIY

I am about 80% done with my Christmas shopping. My next step is wrapping all of my goodies up and making them look beautiful. Today I spent some quality time crafting and creating cute little knicknacks as present toppers. This DIY isn't a product of my mind, rather it's a fun project I pulled from the internet. I'll provide the sources below as well as the pdf link for the gift tags!
This is a finished product from my craft- a poinsetta for presents instead of a bow! Admittedly it took some time and patience, but altogether creating it was simple. 

I found these printable gift tags and made myself a few sheets because they were far too adorable. To the right are my petal stencils and a measurement for the base. If you zoom up close enough you can see the measurements. Cut out the shapes and use them to trace the petals unto cardstock, construction paper, or even a pretty wrapping paper.

I decided to use wrapping paper. On its own it would be rather flimsy so applied glue to the inside and folded it in half. This allowed for it to be more sturdy and double sided. Here is a photo of how I traced the pieces out. The center circles are of a heavier stock paper. 

I used fun patterned scissors and a hole punch to put the finishing touches to the print out tags!

Here are some of my finished products! I think my packages might be too pretty that people won't want to rip them open ^.^ When I finish decorating one of my presents I'll post a picture of it with all of the toppings for you to see!

Site for the tags:
http://studio.heylook.fi/freebies/handmadetags.pdf
Site for the DIY directions:
http://www.olderandwisor.com/2012/12/pimp-yo-presents-tip-1-diy-paper.html




No comments:

Post a Comment