hko

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Stop & Breathe

After writing enough academic papers to publish my own encyclopedia (predominately on the subject of Adenovirus-36 induced obesity), recording my thoughts on here is so refreshing. I am uninhibited and free from subject compliance. The latter part of November, just before Thanksgiving break, has continuously been the most stressful part of the semester. Finals week is a close second but the open schedule and freedom from classes makes it more tolerable. I feel very overwhelmed & whenever this happens I have to remind myself to stop and breathe. Everything may seem beyond repair but nothing is ever so broken that it cannot be fixed. "Let go and let God." I regain my sanity knowing that He's looking out for me and everything will work out as it should. There is nothing more comforting than the love of God.

Anyhow, little update on what I've been getting up to (besides attending class & schoolwork):

The boyfriend & I loved making those little holiday houses before that we went back and bought a couple more for his apartment! We got glitter all over the place but the results made the mess worth it (at least in my opinion.. he may not agree considering that stuff doesn't go away for a long time).

This is from a couple weeks back but I came across the photo on my phone and had to share how adorable this little coin purse from Kate Spade is! Cute but pointless. All the best decorative things in life seem to serve no purpose other than to look good (which means they're doing their job perfectly).

This isn't my picture. I'm pretty sure I screenshotted someone else's Instagram photo because their cake looked so dang good. Donuts.. strawberries.. and cake?! All of my favorite edible things have been compiled into one delicious pink sugar bomb. This has to be reconstructed in my kitchen one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment