hko

Monday, November 3, 2014

A little gold can make all the difference..

I have so much to post about after this Halloween weekend. I travelled to Washington, D.C. with my boyfriend for my sister's birthday/ dress-up party and then stopped by my home on Sunday to have a tasty brunch with my parents. Exploring the city with my boyfriend (no doubt with Starbucks in hand) is one of my absolute favorite things to do. I'll go into more detail in my next post. As for now, I'll brag about how happy I am with my little purchases from an accessory shop called Charming Charlie. Costume jewelry is a guilty pleasure of mine. Higher quality brands, like J. Crew, Betsey Johnson, and Michael Kors, are what I commonly spend my money on. However, it's fun to pick-up pieces on the side that are in styles that might not be in-season for very long. When this is the case there's no point in spending a whole lot on something you'll get little use of. There is a Charming Charlie near my campus so I swung by earlier this week and took advantage of an awesome sale- you could pick any two clearance bracelets for a price of $5! I snagged 4 bracelets and a pair of simple hoop earrings (I've been trying to find a pair that wasn't plain since they're having a mini comeback).
Hoop Earrings

I think I only paid about $4 for these when the original price was about $10.



Lucite Cuff

I love the look of the gems against the clear lucite material. This retailed for $13 and I purchased this as one of the 4 bracelets I got for $10.

 Skully Friendship Bracelets

I bought two of these, one for myself (white) and the other for my sister (blue) as simple friendship bracelets. They were so cute with their pave stone details and metal band/ pull ties. They were originally $10 a piece.

Chunky Gold Bracelet w/ Black Thread Center Detailing

If you know me, you know that I adore chunky gold accents. This was an awesome find especially considering it was originally $15 and I got it for a mere $2.50. Happy Heidi!

So if you're ever in the mood to pick up cute jewelry pieces at low prices, albeit they are of a lower quality and aren't crafted to last for very long, I'd highly recommend checking out Charming Charlie. Their clearance section is usually vast and varied in style. & as you know, a little gold jewelry can make all of the difference for an outfit!



No comments:

Post a Comment