hko

Friday, November 14, 2014

Baking & Building

I know that it's been some time since I've posted on here & a lot has happened in my life that I'd like to share with you. You should see me when something exciting happens nowadays- I whip out my iPhone and say, "Wait! Let me take a picture! I wanna blog about this". I actually brainstormed a list the other evening about post topics. So believe me when I say that I have a lot planned, my only shortcomings in being a blogger are my semi-busy life and sheer laziness. 

The Holiday Season brings with it so many goodies in so many forms- there are candies, cookies, cakes, pies, breads, etc;. When the first chill bites my skin through my knit sweater I know that it's time to pull out the Christmas sprinkles and preheat the oven to start baking. The other day I picked up a pumpkin pie bar mix from Krusteaze that has a gingerbread cookie crust. It. is. SUPERB. It was also quite simple to put together and quick to bake. 

Along the lines of cooking- this weekend my boyfriend and I took turns cooking dinner for each other and the results were tasty. I did a shrimp scampi and he did a steak dinner with sweet potatoes and asparagus!



Cold weather is also an indicator to me that the decorations ought to come out. As a young adult who moves frequently, I don't have a collection of holiday decorations compiled over time to call my own. I tend to pick up a couple things here and there. On Halloween my boyfriend and I found a little kit in Target for a miniature themed house made of foam pieces. It was like a 3D puzzle with glittery stickers that finished impressively. When I saw Christmas houses at Michaels I knew purchasing them needed to happen. The other evening we took time out (collectively 3 hrs, to be exact) to watch some films and build them! The gingerbread house was for ages 3+ with some 120+ pieces and actually took longer to build than the little shop, which was for 6+ and had 240+ pieces. The age recommendations on those projects is absolute madness. If it takes two 23-year-olds a few hours to build them, then I highly doubt children could do it on their own. Also, 3-year-olds should not be playing with toys that have little pieces because I'm pretty sure that's still in the everything-goes-in-my-mouth stage of childhood. Someone made a comment which was so spot-on- "that's for the parents of the 3-year-old".. Precisely. 



Lastly, my roomies are babysitting their friend's puppy for a week while he goes back home for a wedding. It's an English bulldog named Titan who is only 6 months old. His proportions are so unbalanced it's almost comical. He trips over his own paws and falls forward because of his massive head! I love puppies but this guy seems like a handful and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment